Saturday, May 12, 2012

WHAT I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT.

  

PUNK ROCK


Because of its fast, hard-edged music, stripped-down instrumentation , short songs/lyrics and its uniqueness, i started to love and had a really strong interest about punk rock.When i was in my 1st year in highschool, My friend introduced me to this kind of music genre, he made me listen the pioneers of punk rock like The Ramones and The Clash and the Sex Pistols. My other friends also introduced me to bands which has a Ramones-Style in their music also called "Ramonescore". Some Examples of "Ramonescore" bands are The Huntingtons , The Queers , Screeching Weasel , Chixdiggit , Teenage Bottlerocket , Retarded and Sloppy Seconds.

"Punk" became a part of me and of my life. I was introduced to a new world, a really awesome one. It became my inspiration and it greatly influenced me.



"“Punk is: the personal expression of uniqueness that comes from the experiences of growing up in touch with our human ability to reason and ask questions; a movement that serves to refute social attitudes that have been perpetuated through willful ignorance of human nature; a process of questioning and commitment to understanding that results in self-progress, and through repetition, flowers into social evolution; a belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to prescriptions about the way things should be; the constant struggle against fear of social repercussions.”
-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)



BAND INFLUENCES





TheRamones
THE RAMONES




Sex Pistols
THE SEX PISTOLS
The Queers
THE QUEERS
Huntingtons
THE HUNTINGTONS
SCREECHING WEASEL

TeenageBottleRocket
TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET
TheClash
THE CLASH



Hope you enjoyed my first blog post! I'll be posting new blogs soon, so keep visiting my blog! Hey Ho! Lets Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment